- Stunning views over Exmoor, the Brendon Hills and the Quantocks
- Very well presented and comfortable home from home Somerset cottage
- 3 bedrooms (3 double, one super-king, one king and one double), sleeps 6 comfortably. There is also a double sofabed.
- Fully equipped kitchen/diner (seats 6)
- Sitting room with wonderful countryside views
- Ground floor bathroom/shower and further upstairs bath/shower
- Garden with countryside views
- Ideal for exploring the delights of the Somerset coast and countryside
- Private location
- Parking for two cars
Built around 1800 as the Vicarage for St Decuman’s Church, Watchet, the Wellhouse is a fantastic Georgian house with a Victorian extension. The Wellhouse Cottage forms a separate and entirely private part of the Wellhouse and is a comfortable and well-presented home for your stay in Somerset.
There are three amply-sized bedrooms, all doubles, the two larger rooms with views over the Church, a fully equipped modern kitchen/diner and a sitting room looking out to the countryside with lovely views of the various hills beyond. There is TV with Sky, and wi-fi.
The cottage is in a private and secluded location but within walking distance from all the amenities of Watchet. The Cottage has gas central heating and hot water. The kitchen has gas hob, electric oven and microwave, plus fridge with small freezer. Towels and linen are included. There is a secure outbuilding for bike storage.
Things to do and places to visit
- West Somerset Steam Railway: step back in time and meander through the Somerset countryside and along the coast
- Marvellous walking country on Exmoor and the Quantocks
- Dunster Mediaeval village and Castle
- Fossil beaches at Watchet, St Audries Bay and Kilve
- The famous Blue Anchor Bay
- Porlock and Porlock Weir
- Lynton and Lynmouth where “Exmoor meets the Sea”
- The traditional coastal resort of Minehead